We asked on The Baby View facebook page “What is your #1 piece of advice for new parents?” This is some of the advice that was shared by other parents.
- Sleep when baby sleeps
- Don’t focus on how others are parenting their kids, just know that you are great parents and doing the best you can, your way!
- Don’t compare your baby to others. All babies are different and it can just make you stress about stuff.
- Listen to your gut, it’s your motherly instincts telling you something is wrong/ right.
- Just love and enjoy your kids
- Relax, try your best to enjoy those middle of the night cuddles and feeds. It’s all just a phase and you (believe it or not) might just miss it when it’s gone.
- Just because it worked for someone else or is written in a book doesn’t mean its right for you and your baby. Mothers instinct is usually correct so do what feels right and works for you both and remember you are both learning so don’t be to hard on yourself if something doesn’t go as you planned
- Accept help when it’s offered
What’s one piece of advice you would like to share with new parents? Comment below and tell us.