That You Never Thought You Would Use Until You Became a Parent…
Until I became a parent I was aware that Baby Wipes existed and vaguely assumed they were for wiping bottoms when changing nappies and that was all. But after having used them now for the best part of four years I would have to say they are one of the most handy inventions in the world!
Beside the obvious bottom and hand wiping duties, wipes can do so many other things. Here’s a look at some of the creative uses for baby wipes…
- Wiping down cafe tables and highchairs – You know that moment when you sit down at the cafe, lean your arms on the table and they stick. Or that moment where you go to put bubs into the cafe highchair and half of the last baby’s lunch is spilled down the inside of the seat… whip out that trusty travel pack of wipes and bubs is all set!
- Public Toilets – Nothing is higher than the fear of an inquisitive toddler touching everything in a public toilet! Even those public toilets that are well maintained have a lot of people go through them and we know some forget to wash their hands! Being able to wipe down the toilet seat, taps and door handle reduces a lot of germ potential! This also goes for supermarket trolley handles.
- Blackboard Cleaning – A Baby Wipe can do wonders to clean off stubborn chalk build up that just won’t rub off. They also work really well for cleaning the marker off whiteboards.
- Dusting Your Car Dashboard – When bubs has fallen asleep in their car seat and you don’t want to wake them just yet, use a baby wipe to dust and polish your dashboard!
- Removing Make Up – I don’t need to buy make up wipes any more. Baby wipes are just as efficient and about a 10th the cost! Also works for wiping away stray bits of hair dye that get on your forehead when dying your hair at home.
- Spot Cleaning Clothes – Wipes are fantastic for removing white deodorant marks off dark clothing. They are also great for removing peanut butter finger marks from clothes when you are in a rush to get out the door and have no time to change!
- Screen Cleaning – Great for cleaning sticky finger prints from tablet, phone, TV screens, or any screen really as they are soft and don’t scratch.
- Shining Shoes – Great for getting off stray traces of mud and polishing leather or patent shoes to make them shine.
- Dusting – You can run them through small spaces like the spokes on a dining chair or staircases. You can also attach to the head of a mop to get dust out of corners.
- Cleaning Dog Paws – Not just for cleaning babies and children, wipes are also fantastic for cleaning dirt off muddy paws before they get back in your car or house.
So there you have it, ten ways to use wipes that you almost certainly never thought you would use until you had children!
Do you have any other creative ways to use wipes? Let us know in the comments below or on our Facebook and Instagram pages with the hashtag #thebabyviewpics.
Gemma is a kiwi Mum of one and is the Editor for The Baby View. She also works with preschool children, loves cooking, loves sunshine, loves chocolate and loses countless hours at a time looking at cute baby pictures in Instagram!