Honey Mustard is one of my favourite sauces of all time and this recipe makes a considerable amount of sauce that you can smother over your potatoes, rice or pasta (whatever you choose to serve it with). With only a handful of ingredients you probably have everything in the cupboard that you need to make this too!
The chicken is super moist and juicy and can be served with a variety of side dishes. We had ours on a bed of smashed potato and and side of broccoli and courgettes. There was plenty of sauce to cover the accompaniments too. Hubby had eaten his first portion and then a second portion before the rest of us had finished our first, so safe to say he enjoyed it!
Here is how you can make it…
4x boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6-8x boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup american mustard
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 combined Tbsp of oregano, thyme, parsley and rosemary
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Remove skin from chicken and trim any excess
- Grease on oven dish and place the chicken in it
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and coat the chicken with it
- Bake the chicken and sauce mixture in the oven for 30mins
- Take the dish out of the oven and turn the chicken over
- Bake for a further 10 mins or until the chicken juices run clear
- Serve with your favourite sides
Note: The sauce is quite thin so if you would prefer it thicker transfer the sauce into a small saucepan. Add 1 Tbsp of cornflour mixed into a slurry with water into the sauce mix. Simmer on the stovetop for several minutes, until the cornflour has cooked through.
Source: Le Creme De La Crumb
Have you tried this recipe and did you love it? Let us know in the comments below or over on our Facebook page. You can also post us a picture on our Instagram page, make sure you use the hashtag #babyviewpics