This is my go to dish when I have someone coming for lunch. They really do taste impressive for very little work! Every bit as delicious as what you will find in a cafe, if not more so!
I know it’s cheating a little bit to use pre-made puff pastry, but sometimes there just isn’t time to make your own.
On Tuesday I had a colleague coming and I wanted to put something yummy together that didn’t cost the earth. I knew this would be the perfect dish to fit the brief. Every time I make them I get compliments, which of course I love!
Look how delicious they look, let alone what they taste like…
Here is the recipe…
4x Sheets of Pre-Made Puff Pastry
60g of Baby Spinach Leaves (about half a bag)
1/2 Red Onion, finely chopped
100g button mushrooms, finely chopped
200g Feta (I like to use the Mainland Reduced Fat brand)
1/2 cup Grated Cheese, Edam is good
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp Garlic & Herb Salt
Splash of milk
- Defrost 4 of the pastry sheets and preheat the oven to 180°
- Finely chop the red onion and mushroom and place into a bowl.
- Roughly chop the spinach leaves and add to the bowl.
- Add the grated cheese, minced garlic, chopped feta, pepper and salt to the bowl and mix everything together
- Cut each of the sheets into 4 equal squares. Place a tablespoon of the filling mixture in the centre of each square. Brush milk around the edges of the pastry square and fold the pastry over into a triangle and seal the edges down by pressing.
- Place the pastry triangles onto a baking tray.
- Bake the parcels at 180° for 15mins or until golden brown
- Serve immediately with tomato relish and a side salad
Have you tried this dish? Let us know what you thought in the comments below or over on our Facebook page. Better yet, post us a picture on your version on our Instagram page with the hashtag #babyviewpics