I love my Slow Cooker, LOVE it! I love that I can throw everything in and that it just cooks away as I go about my day. Then by the end of the day the house smells of amazing food and dinner is virtually ready!
On Saturday hubby had some work mates come around to drink bear and play Playstation games. I knew I was going to have to leave them easy food or they wouldn’t manage to get off the couch to eat. So this Honey Garlic Chicken was an obvious choice as its delivious and can easily be chucked on a bread roll (salad optional for the beer-drinking menfolk!) and away you go.
All you have to do is plonk the chicken thighs in the slow cooker, mix up the sauce, pour it over the chicken and let it go. Then just shred it about 30mins before you want to serve it.
Here is the recipe…
1kg Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
1/3 cup Honey
1/2 cup Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Ketchup
2 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- Spray the bowl of the Slow Cooker with non-stick spray and place the chicken thighs into the bowl
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and pour it over the chicken thighs
- Cook on High for 1 hour and then Low for 3 hours
- Take the chicken thighs out of the sauce and shred with 2 forks
- Add the cornflour to the sauce mixture and stir through
- Put the shredded chicken back into the sauce and stir
- Cook for another 30mins on Low
- Serve on bread rolls with coleslaw and mayo
Have you tried to make this Honey Garlic Chicken yet? Let us know how it turned out in the comments below or over on our Facebook page! Better yet, post us a picture of your dish on our Instagram page with the hashtag #babyviewpics
Gemma is a kiwi Mum of one and is the Editor for The Baby View. She also works with preschool children, loves cooking, loves sunshine, loves chocolate and loses countless hours at a time looking at cute baby pictures on Instagram!