Today we have the lovely Mariana from Mayhem Creations guest blogging on what every girl needs her Mum to know and the difficult questions that often go unasked even though we are dying to know the answers!
Every Girl Needs Her Mum to Know
Mothers and daughters have a special bond. Right from the time our daughters are small, they look up to us, model our behaviour and ask for our help. Sure, they go through rough patches and times when they find us incredibly embarrassing and think everything that we say is rubbish. But when it all turns to custard, a girl just wants her Mum.
What Your Daughter Wants You to Know
“Mom, I’ve always wanted you to know…
Sometimes I think you don’t understand that I can love you very much, but still need to be free to lead my own life and make my own mistakes.” Betty Sargent and Betsy Perry – Authors of What Every Daughter Wants Her Mother To Know
Daughters all around the world need unconditional love and acceptance from their Mum. They need the chance to make mistakes, to try out new experiences and the opportunity to learn who they are. But there are also some more important things that they would like their Mum to know.
• I look up to you. Be a positive role model for me.
• I’m definitely worth it. Ensure people treat you the same way you want me to be treated.
• Being a girl is something to be proud of. Don’t treat women as the weaker sex.
• I need to be pushed so challenge me to leave my comfort zone.
• I need you to tell me I’m pretty both inside and out. Don’t let me learn about beauty from magazines.
• Let me be the best I can be. Don’t set me up for failure by setting unrealistic goals.
• I have something worth sharing. Listen to me.
• Trust me. Don’t hover over and worry about what I do.
• It is alright for me to be single, don’t nag me. Life is more than just boys.
• I may not say it as often as I should, but thank you.
• You are my first teacher so please show me things worth learning about.
Questions A Daughter Is Afraid to Ask Her Mum
While many mothers and daughters have a close relationship, very few are able to ask their Mums the tough, tricky and potentially embarrassing questions they really want to know the answers to. But we’re not afraid, so we’ll tell you what they are:
• Were you a virgin when you met Dad?
• Was I planned or an accident?
• Did you ever do drugs?
• Who do you like best – me or my sister?
• Do you think I’m clever?
• What are you leaving me in your will?
It isn’t until we grow up and become mothers ourselves that we realise how wonderful our Mum really is. Let’s spend a minute to think about those amazing women! What was your favourite thing about your Mum or the best advice she gave you? Let us know in the comments below or over on our Facebook page!
Mayhem Creations NZ makes hand tied tutus – custom made every time for each customer. So if you would different colour combinations or a slightly altered length, they can help! Based in Auckland you are welcome to pick up your creations (near Sylvia Park shopping centre) or they are happy to send to any address in NZ, at no additional cost.
If you have an idea get in touch with Mariana and she will be happy to discuss your creations.
If you want to find the amazing Mariana at Mayhem Creations you can on the links below…