Bacon and Mushroom Quiche
Quiche (or Egg Pie as my hubby likes to call it) is such a yummy, easy and filling dinner that the whole family will love! You cannot go past the flavour combination of a bacon and mushroom quiche!
Quiche is one of those things like smoothies and fritters where you can hide good stuff. It’s all masked by the yummy-ness of the bacon and cheese!
While the quiche does take a bit of time to cook through properly in the oven, it is so easy to prepare. You can even get the kids to help you put it all together!
Here’s how to make it…
2x sheets of Pre-Made Puff Pastry
100g diced bacon
1 small onion, diced
100g chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup of thawed peas and corn
100g chicken (optional)
3 Tbsp milk
Salt and Pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Put your puff pasry on the bench to thaw
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan and soften the diced onion for 2-3 mins
- Add the bacon, mushrooms, chicken (if using) and veges to the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins
- Spray your quiche dish with non-stick cooking spray (or grease with butter) and line it with the pastry sheets
- Place the filling from the pan into the pastry shell. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the other filling items
- Beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a separate bowl
- Pour the egg mixture over the filling, ensuring it is a couple of millimeters away from the top. The quiche filling will rise slightly when cooked
- Place in the oven and cook for 40-45mins or until the top of golden brown. Insert a knife or skewer into the middle of the quiche and if it comes out clean then it is cooked all the way through
You can choose to add different vegetables to the quiche, or add a ring of sliced tomato to the top.
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know in the comments below or over on our Facebook page. Better yet, take a pic of your creation and share it with us on Instagram with #babyviewpics
Gemma is a kiwi Mum of one and is the Editor for The Baby View. She also works with preschool children, loves cooking, loves sunshine, loves chocolate and loses countless hours at a time looking at cute baby pictures on Instagram!