I can never get the banana purchasing right in our house. It’s either feast or famine! Either we plow through a whole bunch in 2 days, or we eat maybe two bananas and the rest of the bunch slowly blackens in the fruit bowl. This week was one of the weeks where most of the bananas did not get eaten. I was on the hunt for a banana recipe to use. I came up with Chocolate Chip Banana Loaf… yummo!
This is a really versatile recipe as it is a perfect lunchbox filler, a tasty snack, or you can dress it up as a dessert with a bit of custard or ice cream. All options are welcomed in our household!
It’s a really easy recipe to pull together, so you can get the kids to help you bake! My little one thought squishing the bananas with a fork was HILARIOUS!
Chocolate Chip Banana Loaf
1 3/4 cups self raising flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
75g butter, melted
3x mashed bananas
1/2 cup dark choc chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a loaf tin
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Mix in the brown sugar
- In a separate bowl (or mixer) beat the eggs
- Add the milk, melted butter and mashed bananas to the eggs and mix
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined
- Add the chocolate chips and lightly stir them through
- Spoon the mixture into the greased loaf pan and bake for 45 – 50mins, or until golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the loaf in the tin for 10mins before turning out to cool on a wire rack
Have you made this recipe? How did it turn out? Let us know in the comments below or over on our Facebook page! Better yet, take a pic of your creation and post it on Instagram with #babyviewpics.
Gemma is a kiwi Mum of one and is the Editor for The Baby View. She also works with preschool children, loves cooking, loves sunshine, loves chocolate and loses countless hours at a time looking at cute baby pictures on Instagram!