Beef Stroganoff: The ultimate winter warmer meal. It’s yummy, it’s full of good stuff and quick to whip up too! When I stumbled across the recipe in the Healthy Food Guide I knew I had to give it a try. This did not disappoint!
Full of flavour and with plenty of sauce (a vital requirement for me!), this is one of the best beef stroganoff recipes that I have tried to date. We will definitely be adding this one into our meal rotation!
Here is the recipe…
400g beef, cut in strips
2 tsp Tuscan seasoning
1 tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, finely chopped
200g mushrooms, chopped
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dried thyme or mixed herbs
1 cup liquid beef stock
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 cup green beans
800g mashed potato
2 cups steamed broccoli, to serve
- Half fill a pot with cold water, add your peeled and chopped potatoes. Bring to the boil and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and cook for 2 mins. When softened, add the thyme and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Toss the beef in the seasoning until it is coated evenly. Add the beef to the pan and cook for 2 mins, or until it is sealed.
- Chop the mushrooms, add them to the pan with the garlic and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Add the stock, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce to the pan. Simmer for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Steam your broccoli and beans for several minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and heat it through.
- Mash your potatoes.
- Serve your stroganoff, mashed potatoes and steamed veges immediately
If you prefer, you can serve the beef stroganoff on rice or pasta instead of mashed potatoes. You can also change up the veges that are served on the side.
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know what you thought in the comments below or over on our Facebook page.
Gemma is a kiwi Mum of one and is the Editor for The Baby View. She also works with preschool children, loves cooking, loves sunshine, loves chocolate and loses countless hours at a time looking at cute baby pictures on Instagram!