I really wanted to say ‘Healthy Christmas Chocolate Bark’ and since there are are nuts, cranberries and dark chocolate it certainly has it’s health benefits, but in all reality it probably does need to go into the ‘treat’ section of recipes. Healthy or not it is delicious and a perfect treat to indulge in at Christmas (and anytime of year).
- 250 Grams of dark chocolate melted (or use half milk and half dark if you prefer)
- 50 Grams roasted almonds chopped
- 50 grams roasted hazelnuts chopped
- 30 grams dried cranberries chopped
- 20 grams desiccated coconut
Mix the chopped nuts, cranberries and coconut together in a bowl. Melt the chocolate slowly in the microwave or on the stove top. Once melted remove from heat and stir in all the other ingredients. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Pour the mix into the tray and spread evenly until about 1-1.5 cm deep. Chill in fridge. Once hard snap into uneven pieces. Keep refrigerated.
Makes a great Christmas gift idea when wrapped in cellophane with Christmas ribbon.