Running low on meal motivation? This delicious Baked Mushroom Risotto from Nestles Tasty Recipes could be a new favourite on your meal list.
This was a hit in our house, mushrooms have only just made it off the disgusting list with our kids so I am excited to add some mushroom recipes to our dinner menu.
As the risotto takes 55 minutes to bake it doesn’t qualify as a ‘quick meal’, but for me sometimes those meals that take time to cook once prepared are a nice change, you get time to clean up, help with homework or get baths and showers out of the way before dinner – then there is minimal clean up afterwards!
- 50 g margarine
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 250 g mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tsp MAGGI Chicken or Vegetable Stock Powder
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 can CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk, 375mL
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- shaved parmesan for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium-low heat; add onion and garlic, cook, stirring for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add thyme and wine, bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Add mushrooms, cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned lightly. Add rice; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to 6 cup (1.5L) capacity oven proof dish. Add combined stock and Evaporated Milk, stir to combine.
- Cover tightly with foil; transfer to oven. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 55 minutes. Stir in cheese and herbs. Serve topped with shaved parmesan, if desired.
For more great recipe ideas from Nestle visit their Choose Wellness site https://www.nestlechoosewellness.co.nz/tastyrecipes-co-nz/